About Dental Implants
People lose their teeth for many reasons - - through an accident, perhaps poor oral hygiene through a fear of going to the dentist, or because they see dental treatment as being too expensive
Losing a tooth or teeth can cause more than just problems in your mouth. It can affect your self-confidence, your speech, it can stop you from eating the foods you like and therefore may have an effect on your diet.
Dental implants are considered to be the gold standard treatment for a missing tooth or teeth. Simply put, a dental implant replaces the root of your tooth which is missing. So if you are missing one tooth, or a whole mouth of missing teeth, there will almost always be a long term solution for you – our patients say that having a dental implant feels like having their own tooth back again!
So, who are dental implants for?
- You have a gap in your mouth and you want a long term solution which looks like your own tooth
- You are about to lose a tooth because a crown keeps falling out
- You have already lost a tooth and don’t want dentures
- You have already lost a tooth and don’t want a bridge which will destroy the teeth on either side of the gap
- You have a bridge which is coming loose
- You have dentures which are uncomfortable and sore
- You want to get rid of your denture paste and glue
- You want to be able to eat all the foods you used to eat , like an apple or a steak
- You want to get your confidence back because you are embarrassed about your missing teeth
- You want to have your old smile back again!
Find your local implant dentist: