Implant treatment and your regular dentist

Who will carry out your implants?

Like most patients, you’ll probably prefer to have your treatment carried out  by a dentist you know in familiar surroundings. Most common dental implant treatments can be completed by a general dental practitioner, although you may have to be referred to a dedicated implant clinic for the actual implant placement procedure. 

Once the implant has been placed, you may be able to return to your regular dentist for the fitting of your denture, bridge or tooth crown or continue to see the treatment plan through with the implant specialist. Please check with your general dental practitioner what level of post-implant restoration treatments they offer.

If your own dentist does not already provide these services, then this site lists over 100 accredited dentists and clinics across the UK that provide dental implant treatment.

Click here to find an implant dentist near you.